Installing ADS cluster with ADCM¶
The simplest way to install an ADS cluster is to use an Arenadata Cluster Manager – ADCM.
The advantages of installing the ADS cluster through the ADCM are:
- All installation and configuration logic is encapsulated in the ADS bundle:
- User doesn’t have to enter a large number of console commands;
- All important settings of OS and database are configured.
- Single interface for access and configuration management:
- Ability to manage multiple services through a single interface
- Ability to manage multiple clusters through a single interface
- There is a possibility to use both cloud and physical infrastructure.
- All ADS rpm packets are taken from the Arenadata repository:
- All rpms have been tested;
- A fixed set of packages is used which simplifies user assistance and compiling bug reports.
To install the ADS cluster using ADCM you must complete the following preliminary steps:
- Install ADCM;
- Create the hosts for the ADS cluster:
- Load required host bundle. The current example uses the Datafort bundle;
- Initialize the required number of hosts (in the current example, this step is skipped because the hosts are ready, not the cloud provider);
- Add hosts to ADCM (the current example uses 4 hosts): for Zookeeper (zk), for Kafka brokers (kafka 1 and kafka2), for Nifi (nifi1);
- (Optional) Create the monitoring cluster:
- Load monitoring bundle;
- Instantiate and install monitoring cluster.
- Upload ADS bundle
- Create ADS cluster
- Manage tools